Gordon Stafford Scholarship in Architecture
NOW ACCEPTING SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
3 SCHOLARSHIPS AVAILABLE in the 2013/2014 ACADEMIC YEAR
The Gordon Stafford Scholarship is open to minority students pursuing a career in Architecture. The Scholarship was implemented to celebrate the 50-year anniversary of the architectural firm that was founded by Gordon Stafford and is intended to help increase the representation of minorities in the Architecture profession.
A maximum of five (5) scholarships (new or continuing) are awarded each year to students accepted by a school or college with a Bachelor of Architecture or a five-year Master of Architecture program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB – www.naab.org).
Each of the five scholarships has an annual $2,000 award per scholarship; $1,000 to the student and $1,000 to their financial aid office to defray tuition and expenses. Scholarship recipients who are progressing successfully toward their degree will continue to receive the $2,000 stipend annually, up to a maximum of five years.
- Must have a permanent California residence address
- Must demonstrate minority status
- Must be enrolled as a first-year new or first-year transfer student, pursuing a Bachelor of Architecture Degree or a five-year Master of Architecture program, from an NAAB-accredited school or college
- Complete the Gordon Stafford Scholarship in Architecture Application (link below)
- Attach a maximum 500-word statement, expressing the desire to pursue a career in Architecture
- Attach proof of minority status (e.g. copy of birth certificate)
- Attach a copy of an acceptance letter from an NAAB-accredited Bachelor of Architecture or five-year Master of Architecture program
Application and attachments must be received no later than 5:00 p.m. on MONDAY, JUNE 17, 2013, regardless of postmark.
Thank you for your interest in the Gordon Stafford Scholarship in Architecture. Please continue to visit this website to keep up-to-date on the Scholarship, recipients and 2013 CIEF golf tournament. For questions or more information, please contact:
Gordon Stafford Scholarship
622 - 20th Street, Sacramento, California 95811
Phone: 916-930-5900 / Fax: 916-290-0100
We wish you the best of luck!
The scholarship is funded through an Annual Charity Golf Classic and administrated by the Construction Industry Education Foundation (CIEF). To be redirected to the CIEF website to learn more about their events go to http://ciefsac.org/events/