Gordon Stafford Scholarship in Architecture
No Scholarships Available for the 2017/2018 Academic Year
The Gordon Stafford Scholarship provides up to five scholarships in any given academic year. The 2017/18 Academic Year already has five continuing scholarship recipients and, therefore, we are not taking applications for the 2017/2018 academic year.
Please continue to visit our website at: www.skwaia.com/about/scholarship, to keep up-to-date on the scholarship, scholarship recipients, and golf tournament information. AFTER January 1, 2018, we will list information relevant to the 2018/19 academic year scholarships and applications.
Thank you for your interest in the Gordon Stafford Scholarship for minority architectural students.
The Gordon Stafford Scholarship is open to minority students, pursuing a career in Architecture. The Scholarship was implemented to celebrate the 50-year anniversary of the architectural firm that was founded by Gordon Stafford (www.skwaia.com) and is intended to help increase the representation of minorities in the Architecture profession.
A maximum of five (5) scholarships (new or continuing) are awarded each year to students accepted by a school or college with a Bachelor of Architecture or a five-year Master of Architecture program accredited by the National Architectural Accrediting Board (NAAB – www.naab.com).
Each of the five scholarships has an annual $3,000 award per scholarship; $1,500 to the student and $1,500 to their school’s financial aid office, to defray tuition and expenses. Scholarship recipients who are progressing successfully toward their degree will continue to receive the $3,000 stipend annually, up to a maximum of five years.
- Must have a permanent California residence address.
- Must demonstrate minority status.
- Must be enrolled as a first-year new or first-year transfer student, pursuing a Bachelor of Architecture Degree or a five-year Master of Architecture program, from an NAAB-accredited school or college
- Complete the Gordon Stafford Scholarship in Architecture Application (www.skwaia.com/about/scholarship).
- Attach a maximum 500-word statement, expressing the desire to pursue a career in Architecture.
- Attach proof of minority status (e.g. copy of birth certificate).
- Attach a copy of an acceptance letter from an NAAB-accredited Bachelor of Architecture or five-year Master of Architecture program.
- Include a recent photograph (original image, showing head and shoulders only, similar to a school photo); also sign the photo release available at (www.skwaia.com/about/scholarship). Image will be used on website and company Facebook page only if you are selected to receive scholarship.) If you do not have a class photo you can take a photo with a digital camera or mobile phone and email it to email@example.com.
Application and attachments must be received no later than (TBA).
Thank you for your interest in the Gordon Stafford Scholarship in Architecture. Please continue to visit this website to keep up-to-date on the scholarship, recipients and 2017 SRBX Golf Tournament. For questions or more information, please contact:
Gordon Stafford Scholarship
622 - 20th Street, Sacramento, California 95811
Phone: 916-930-5900 / Fax: 916-290-0100
We wish you the best of luck!
The scholarship is funded through an Annual Charity Golf Classic and administrated by the Sacramento Region Builders Exchange (SRBX). To be redirected to the SRBX website or to learn more about their events go to http://www.sacregionbx.com/